daffodils

daffodils

Monday, September 15, 2014

Happy Photo #57 - Chicken Corn Chowder (with recipe)


Ingredients:
1 can chicken broth (I wound up using a tiny bit more than a can)
1 can corn (I drain the regular corn)
2 cans cream style corn
1 pint heavy whipping cream
Chicken breasts 
1 can Rotel (or can us a can of diced chili peppers or both)
Onion
Garlic
Shredded Cheddar Cheese
Rice if you like a thicker soup
Salt and Pepper to taste.

Chop onion and saute in soup pot and then brown diced chicken.  Add stock and garlic and let cook for a bit.  Add all corn and rotel/peppers and let cook for 20 minutes or so.  Add whipping cream and bring to low boil.  Add as much rice as you like to thicken.  When almost done add cheese and stir in to incorporate into chowder  (I just eyeball this too.. depending on how fattening I want it).  

Serve with yummy bread... I added chopped garlic to the bread too... need to keep the vampires away :-)


No comments: