daffodils

daffodils

Thursday, September 4, 2014

10 Books

The Challenge: List 10 books that have stayed with you throughout your life. Not necessarily "good" books; don't think too hard and don't show off.

1. Wizard of Oz (Little Golden Book)
2. Little House series by Laura Ingalls Wilder
3. Bridge to Terabithia by Katherine Paterson
4. Looking For Alaska by John Green
5. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
6. The Sky is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson
7. The Giver (and Gathering Blue) by Lois Lowry
8. Kittens First Full Moon by Kevin  Henkes
9. Elsewhere by Gabrielle Zevin
10. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green


I don't have them in any order of importance except that the first book on the list is near and dear to my heart because my pop read it to me over and over and over again with me curled up in his lap when I was a little girl until I could "read" the book myself.  I love looking back and thinking about those moments.  He may not have realized then how important the memory would be to me now.  





No comments: